I attended the teacher training in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) at Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC), Psychiatry Department of Oxford University, and is supervised according to UK’s Mindfulness-Based Interventions: Teaching Assessment Criteria.
I completed the .b Teacher program and is certified to teach 11-18 year olds under the UK Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP)—the gold standard provider of mindfulness training and materials for classrooms.
I am exposed to a full breadth of mindfulness training, and is very much interested in what makes people resilient, and the intersection between mindfulness, Western psychology and neuroscience.
I trained in the following for teachers / therapists:
(1) Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness, by pioneering teacher David Treleaven
(2) MBCT for OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Oxford Mindfulness Centre
(3) MBCT for Life, Oxford
(4) Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for Depression, by Judith Beck, Beck Institute
(5) CBT for Anxiety, Beck
As a participant, I have been exposed to:
(1) 8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), University of Massachusetts Medical School – this was my introduction to secular mindfulness in healthcare
(2) Building Compassion From The Inside Out, by Thupten Jinpa, Compassion Institute
My approach to teaching is to facilitate learning through inquiry and introspection, and relating it to life realities.
I was a presenter at BFM 89.9 the business radio station in Kuala Lumpur, and have worked in Malaysia and Singapore. I am also a Fellow of the Eisenhower Fellowships; Asia Journalism Fellowship Singapore; and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
I am available to give talks to non-profits, healthcare providers and education institutions.
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” Pema Chodron, Buddhist nun